Commuter Student FAQ

All flat-fee undergraduate students (with a schedule of at least 13 credit hours) not on a Blue and Gold Residential Meal Plan at the Webster Groves campus will receive a $100 per-semester commuter meal plan automatically on their student ID card. There is no additional fee for this meal plan. This will apply to flat-fee undergraduates who are commuters, or who reside in the campus apartments.

Students will only need their student ID to make purchases and all purchases made through the Commuter Meal Plan are tax-free.

The funds can be used at any of the Campus Dining Services dining establishments on campus. This includes: Marletto’s Marketplace in Maria Hall, Crossroads Food Court in the University Center, the Cyber Café in Emerson Library and Simply to Go in the East Academic Building. The funds cannot be used in the bookstore or at any of the vending machines.

This plan does not have any additional fees, all flat-fee undergraduates not on a Blue and Gold residential meal plan receive the plan and there is no opt-out option. This will apply to flat-fee undergraduates who are commuters, or who reside in the campus apartments.

Since the funds are added to your student ID card, you are not able to allow others to use the card in your place. However, you are welcome to accompany a friend to any of the dining locations and purchase food for them. Also, all of the dining establishments on campus offer food to go so you are welcome to take your meals with you if you are not able to eat on campus.

Any funds that are unused at the end of the Fall semester will rollover to the Spring semester.

Any amount left over at the end of spring semester will be forfeited.

The remaining balance will be printed on the receipt at each dining location. Students can also ask the cashier for their balance if they do not opt for a receipt. Students are also able to contact the Dining Services office at 314-246-6902 for balance information.

If a student believes their balance is incorrect or if they have any issues using the funds, they can contact the Dining Services office at 314-246-6902.

Students are not able to add additional funds to the Commuter Meal Plan; however, they are able to start a Gorlok Bucks account. This account also works on your student ID card but allows you to add funds online. Purchases made on the Gorlok Bucks plan receive a 10% discount and are also tax-free. Gorlok Bucks can be used at selected off-campus dining establishments.

When using on-campus dining, the cashiers will deduct from your Commuter Meal Plan first since those funds expire at the end of the academic year. Once you have used all of your Commuter Meal Plan funds, you will be able to tap into the funds in your Gorlok Bucks account. Since the Commuter Meal Plan does not work for off-campus restaurants, any purchases made at those participating locations will utilize the Gorlok Bucks funds rather than the Commuter Meal Plan funds.

Call Public Safety at 314-246-7430 to report your card missing, and obtain a replacement card.

Gorlock Bucks FAQ

Gorlok Bucks are a convenient debit account right on your Webster ID card. Make a deposit into your Gorlok Bucks account and you can swipe your card all over campus and at participating merchants to pay for food and beverages.

Gorlok Bucks is an account located on your Webster ID card, which means no more digging into your spending money, late night stops at the ATM or charging up credit cards. You do not need a separate card

Gorlok Bucks can be used at on campus dining locations and select off-campus locations and don't expire without 18 months of inactivity. Meal Plan Points can only be used at the Webster dining locations and expire at the end of every academic year.

The Gorlok Bucks system is BUILT RIGHT INTO your existing Webster ID Card. It’s there and ready to roll. All you have to do is make a deposit (or get someone else to); then enjoy total freedom without spending your cash or credit. Your Gorlok Bucks account gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want, on or off campus. Add with a credit card at , or add with your student account on PatronWeb - just select the Gorlok Bucks form.

Simple. Your Webster ID Card can be used like a debit card. The card gets swiped at the time of purchase at a participating location, the amount is deducted from your Gorlok Bucks account and the balance is automatically adjusted.

You’ve heard of rollover minutes? Your unused Gorlok Bucks balance will roll over from semester to semester and year to year as long as you are an active member of the Webster community. They only expire after 18 months of inactivity.

Call Public Safety at 314-246-7430 to report your card missing.